1 baguette for two people/ amount of topping as desired
For the sandwich
- your favourite baguette
- 2 domingo tempehs (for marinated version check the ingredients below)
- a bit of oil for frying the tempeh (I prefer sunflower oil or similar)
- (quick) pickled carrots & onions
- thinly sliced cucumber
- cilantro (if desired)
- spring onions
- vegan mayonnaise
- sriracha sauce
- hoisin sauce
For the tempe
(you can skip this if you don’t want to marinade the tempeh)
- two of your delicious fresh domingo tempeh
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon (or as preferred) chopped ginger
The recipe is quite straightforward. Start with step #5 if you don’t want to marinate your tempeh prior.
- Cut about half of thumb-size piece of ginger and chop it up into nice little cubes. Or any shape preferred.
- Mix together soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, crushed chilli flakes and chopped ginger in a bowl using a whisk.
- Cut the tempeh into finger-thick slices and add to the soy sauce mixture.
- Marinade the tempeh in the sauce for around 10 - 20 min
- Cut your sandwich toppings (cucumber, cilantro, spring onions) into fine slices while the tempeh is marinating.
- Heat up a medium-sized pan on your stovetop and fry the marinated tempeh from both sides equally until crispy on the outside.
- Briefly toast the baguette, and add your desired amount of mayonnaise to the bottom piece.
- Add your fresh ingredients which you cut prior to your baguette.
- Add the tempeh, pickled carrots and onions to the baguette.
- Spice it up with some siracha and add some hoisin sauce for the umami flavour!