First attempt at making a silicone mould for tempeh production. We used a mini-milling machine to mill our design into a block of wax, then poured food grade silicone into it to produce the desired silicone tempeh mould.
- The result is very promising, we really like it!
- Silicone is easy to clean and safe in a kitchen
- The moulding and casting technique can easily be optimised for higher production.
- The container is maybe a bit too flexible
- The container mould was difficult to peel off, we need to find a trick in our design to make this step easier
- The overall result is a bit sticky, maybe the mixing wasn't done properly (ratio 1/1)
- Milling machine: Roland SRM-20
- Wax block: Ferris File-A-Wax
- Food grade silicon: Feroca Easyl 940-FDA